Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit's luxury Bangkok accommodations are just minutes away from the city center. Connected by the Grande Connection to BTS Asok SkyTrain station and MRT Sukhumvit subway station, all that the city has to offer is just moments away from our 5 star Bangkok hotel.
The bustling Sukhumvit area and Sukhumvit Road can be reached by the BTS Sukhumvit Line, which runs from Mo Chit through Bearing. While guests at our 5 star Bangkok hotel can interchange at Siam station for the Silom Line, other areas can also be easily reached by taking the MRT, transit stations include BTS Mo Chit, Asok and Sala Daeng stations. All of these transportation options provide excellent access to major department stores like Emporium, Central Chidlom, Central Embassy, Siam Paragon, MBK Center (Maboonkrong), Siam Discovery, and Siam Center. The historic Siam Square is also easily accessible.
We also recommend the following places to explore:
- Grand Palace - The capital's most famous historic site was built in 1782. The complex houses many magnificent royal buildings, as well as the famous temple of Wat Phra Kaeo, home to the 14th century Emerald Green Buddha.
- Wat Pho - The Temple of the Reclining Buddha is one of Bangkok's largest and oldest temples, featuring the massive 150-foot long gold-plated statue of the reclining Buddha. Home to the eponymous massage style found all over Thailand, guests are encouraged to make a stop at the Wat Pho Massage School.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market - Covering more than 35 acres, the Chatuchak Market is a sight to be seen. A plethora of exquisite crafts and fabrics, Thai antiques, furniture, clothing, and live animals makes this one of the most vibrant slices of local city life.
- Jim Thompson House - The former home of Jim Thompson, the American credited with starting the Thai silk fabric industry, has been converted into a stunning museum. Its collection of art and antiques offers superb insight into Thai history and its unmistakeable aesthetic.
- Vimanmek Mansion - The largest teak structure in the world, this mansion was built by King Rama V as a temporary residence during the renovation of the Grand Palace. The unique blend of delicate Victorian and Thai architecture makes the golden wood building a delight to behold.
General Shopping hours: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Language: Locals speak Thai, however English is commonly used in tourist areas.
Electricity: 220 V
Currency: Thai Baht (THB)
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Jim Thompson's Museum 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Thai National Museum 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Thailand Creative Design Center 4.2 km/2.6 miles
- Siam Society House and Garden 0.7 km/0.4 miles
- Temple of the Dawn (Wat Arun) 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Lumpini Stadium (Thai Boxing) 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Siam Ocean World 2.7 km/1.7 miles
- Siam Niramitr Ratchada Road 3.8 km/2.4 miles
- Thailand Cultural Center 3.6 km/2.2 miles
- Esplanade 4.5 km/2.8 miles
Corporate Offices Building
- 253 Building 1.3 km - 0.8 Miles
- Asoke Tower 1.1 km - 0.7 Miles
- BB Building 1 km - 0.6 Miles
- CTI Building 0.7 km - 0.4 Miles
- Emporium Tower 1.3 km - 0.8 Miles
- Glas House 0.4 km - 0.2 Miles
- Interchange Building 0.3 km - 0.2 Miles
- K Tower 1.1 km - 0.7 Miles
- Lake Ratchada Office Complex 0.8 km - 0.5 Miles
- Ocean Tower 1 and 2 0.7 km - 0.4 Miles
- Pacific Place 1 and 2 0.6 km - 0.4 Miles
- Q House Asoke 1.2 km - 0.7 Miles
- Q House Ploenchit 1.2 km - 0.7 Miles
- Serm-Mit Tower 0.7 km - 0.4 Miles
- Time Square Building 0.1 km - 0.06 Miles
- UBC II 1.1 km - 0.7 Miles
- Vibulthani Building 2.9 km - 1.8 Miles
- Wave Place Building 1.2 km - 0.7 Miles
- Robinson's Department Store 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Terminal 21 Shopping Mall 0.1 km/0.06 miles
- Emporium Department Store 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- Central Department Store Chidlom branch 2.0 km/1.2 mile
- Siam Paragon / Siam Square 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Chatuchak Weekend Market 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Patpong 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- BTS Asok SkyTrain station
- MRT Sukhumvit subway station
- Airport Rail Link
- 3M Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- ACE INA Overseas Insurance Company
- Accenture Solutions Co Ltd
- Bain & Company
- Boston Consulting Group - Project Business ONLY
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Citibank, N.A.
- Exxon Mobil
- Federal Express
- Microchip Technology Thai
- Mitsubishi Group/ Kang Yong Electric
- Rolls Royce Plc (Aerospace)
- Telenor/ DTAC
- The Dow Chemical
- WPP Group Plc
Learn More About Bangkok
Visit Bangkok with Starwood
Explore Thailand through the travels of our global explorers